Monday, May 11, 2009

My first Mothers Day

Me & my Little guy on the way to church :)

My Mothers Day card from Carter<3


It Reads:

The kindest face I'll ever see,

The kindest words I'll ever hear.

The one who cares the most for me

Is my own mother dear.

All through the year

I'll try to do

The things that show

My love for you.

And not be happy just to say,

"I love you, Mother" on Mothers Day.

Isnt that sweet?!



I'll keep it forever





"Motherhood: All love begins and ends there." -Robert Browning



Now that I am a mom I understand how true this qoute is. It wouldnt have meant what it means to me now before I was a mom. Dont get me wrong...my mom has always done whatever she could to make her kids happy. I have never doubted that she loves me. But, now that I have a child of my own, I appreciate her more. I know first hand how deep of a love moms have for their children. It really makes me so thankful to have such a beautiful mother, inside and out. She is always doing for others, she never puts herself first. She is an amazing person and I am truly blessed to have her as a mother and friend :)

Last year on Mothers Day I was 9 months pregnant and 2 weeks away from meeting my little boy :)

This year I woke up to his smiling face and that in itself is the best Mothers Day gift ever. We woke up early because we went to the Mothers Day breakfast at church at 9! But before we left i got some great gifts!! Carter made mommy a card at Daycare with his little hand prints on it and a sweet poem! Daddy also got me a card and some NICE earings !!! They really surprised me with these gifts.....i was not expecting them at all!! Im such a lucky girl ;)


Anyway... we had breakfast at church, which was nice! Carter fell asleep on top of me though..but he was so tired! After church we went to my moms and visited for a while! we got her a nice picture frame from Kohls, which she loved. Then we went back home to enjoy the rest of our day and relax! Carter fell asleep on the ride home so when we got there we quietly brought him inside and he slept for another hour! We planted some flowers while he slept and cleaned up in the house. Then when he woke up it was our nightly routine of dinner, bath, bed! he was sound asleep by 8:00pm. It was such a great day for me...to be blessed in so many ways. I have a beautiful family....a little boy that melts my heart..... && a husband who I love so much, he means everything to me and more. With the two of them, I have everything I could have ever asked for.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day! Can't wait to see pictures!! :)

The Marsh's said...

Awww, you're such a good mommy, you deserved everything you got and more!

Jenn said...

It sounded like you had a good Mother's Day too! The best part about it is that there are plenty more to come :)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

I am glad you enjoyed your first Mother's day!!