Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A letter to my daughter on her 3rd Birthday!


 

Callie Rae,


Just the sound of your name as I say it out loud warms my heart. I cannot believe you are 3 years old, where has the time gone? Every day as a mother is special and a true gift- no moment too small, I am in awe of it all. From day one, our connection was undeniable. You are my girl, a momma’s girl for sure. You love your brother & daddy with all your heart though and they love you just as much! I hope that bond between you and your brother lasts a lifetime and I hope you see him as your best friend.


If I could describe you in three words, they would be; willful, sassy, and sweet. Honestly, I have never met a more head-strong little girl. Whether it’s keeping up with your big brother or taking the lead at school, you never cease to amaze me!  Never change for anyone baby, be you, unapologetically – it will take you far in life. Now, when I say sassy I mean it…you have a way about you that just brightens our days! Every day is a new adventure full of laughter with you in it. And when it comes to sweetness, I can’t say enough about how loving and kind you are. You give the best hugs and sweetest kisses; we just can’t get enough of them!


Right before our eyes you have grown from this tiny little 6lb 4oz baby, to the beautiful, fun little girl that you are! Playing with your brother, I would say, is your most favorite thing to do! Where ever we are, if he isn’t there, you are asking for him. There is no fear in you….not for bugs, adventure, animals – you name it! You want to do everything Carter is doing because to you, he is the coolest kid in the world! Besides being such a little tomboy at times, you love all things girly too! One of your favorite movies is “Frozen” and you love all things pink or purple. Plus, you could probably sit in my bathroom with me all day and do make up, if I let you! You also love to sing and LOVE to play the music loud in the car while we drive  Your spunk is contagious and we all have brighter smiles with you around!  When it comes to food, you LOVE Mac n cheese, bacon, sweet tea, cheese, chocolate milk, and Sweet Frog!

IMG_5617


There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t Thank God for you and your brother. I pray all the time that I can be a good example for you both and be the best mom that you deserve. I love you so much and I look forward to all the fun and joy that each year brings with you!


Love,


Momma

1 comment:

Caleb's mom said...

She's so beautiful! How are our babies 3 already!!?