Saturday, July 17, 2010

Days of the Week

 

Here is a Re-cap of our week :)I have become quiet the “Re-capper” these days lol, if that’s even a real word? It probably isn’t, but that’s okay.


Monday:

We sat at home (after work of course) and unpacked whatever was left from the camping trip. Even though CJ and I came home early ( I know, don't judge! LOL) I was SO tired Sunday that I didn't feel like doing anything except NOTHING at all!

IMG_3754IMG_3758 


Tuesday:

Was actually sunny and warm out. Humid again. I don't mind the heat, but the humidity is another story! So, after work Carter and I played outside with his trucks and T-ball set. He likes to practice his swing :) As soon as he can, we're getting him into T-Ball.

Carter also had his first taste of ‘soda’ this day. Well, not really soda, but carbonated water! I really do not want to give him  Coke, Pepsi, any of that right now. Once he tastes it, that’s all he’ll want. lol! But, this water has no caffeine, its just carbonated so he felt like he was trying real soda!

IMG_3776

 

IMG_3775

 When I saw that Ryder got a small blanket to carry around I thought, “That’s what Carter needs!” He carries his everywhere and its so long that it gets filthy and he trips over it ALL the time. So, Denise’ friend at work sews and she cut up one of the blankets into small pieces for him to carry around. The big one is left in his bed now.

IMG_3759

Posing for the timer :)

IMG_3761

IMG_3764 IMG_3766 IMG_3768 IMG_3773 IMG_3774
Wednesday:

When I got home from work, CJ and I left to meet Denise and grab Carter. We wanted to go to Target because I needed a new Blow-Dryer and a few other things. Carter was pretty good in the store. He sat in the cart and talked the whole time…. doing impressions of siren's, truck's, and helicopter's haha! He hasn't learned the difference between your 'indoor' voice and 'outdoor' voice yet, but that's okay. The other shoppers got a good laugh out of him too.On the way home, however, he did not want to sit in his car seat. He literally cried for 20 minutes up 301. I guess that's what they call a 'Temper Tantrum' because there was no talking, explaining, negotiating, we could do to calm him down really. He was mad and that was it. He did get over it eventually and I had a talk with him about it. He is still learning and growing though and this is just a part of it.

When we got home, we made these!!!

IMG_3778IMG_3779

mmmm, SMORES! I remember loving these as a kid! I mean, who didn’t? This was our first time making them together… And whadda ya know?? Carter loved them too ;)

IMG_3785IMG_3781IMG_3783

Batting practice in the kitchen is always fun!

IMG_3790      IMG_3786
Thursday:

Relaxed at home again! These days are the best because there is no rushing, no agenda, just family time :) I made Alfredo noodles and Denise had made chicken the night before so I barrowed some of that,  (HA!) she didn't mind though ;)  Carter loved it and it's one of CJ's favorites so needless to say my boys were happy! After dinner, we played outside for a bit. Then, came in and watched some Wonder Pets (Carter's new favorite show!) Its a lot better then Barney I'll tell ya that! Well, I guess I wouldn't say better, just different and different is good when you've been watching the same show's over and over for MONTHS! LOL!
After that, it was bath time, snack time, story time & bed. I have to say, I really enjoy story time. Its such a good bonding time and Carter really gets into the books. I am so glad we have this time together!


Friday….Finally!
CJ and I made plans to go see Eclipse! Denise Offered to baby sit so we could go and when we left she said “Mommy & Daddy are going on a date…they’ll be back!” and Carter said “Okay, bye…love you!” Let me just say, that we BOTH loved the movie. It was really good :) I am so glad we went, I haven’t been to the movies in a very long time…I mean years, literally!

Saturday:

This morning we are getting ready to leave for CJ’s Softball Tournament at Laurel Springs Park. Carter and I will be going to watch for a while and then when it gets too hot, we may go to the mall or out to lunch, we’ll see! I will have pictures of our day later on tonight.

1 comment:

The Marsh's said...

Isn't it nice to have a small version of blankie?! I think every blanket should come with a little mini! Love the self-timer picture of you & carter!