Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pee-Wee Soccer, session #2!

 

(Warning…this is a ‘no picture post’!)

Basically, last night was pretty exhausting! That’s why I am typing this tonight..I was ready to just relax once Carter went to bed last night.

I think Mandi and I both agree that maybe soccer just isn’t their (Carter & Bailey) sport. Carter actually did better this week vs. last week, but it still wasn’t great! I guess it’s as good as you can expect a 2 yr old to take it though, especially with these sessions being SO crowded with parents and children. I mean, there was literally every bit of 60 – 70 people there last night. Its just hectic and a little overwhelming for them, I think. However, we are going to try again next week, I don’t want to give up just yet :)

So, onto my recap….

Soccer session # 2 started off with Carter telling me he wanted to go home the whole way down the road on our way to the field! I got him Chick Fil A and he ate really good so that put him in a better mood. Once we got there they had already started playing games so we kinda had to jump right in. They ‘jumped’ with the ball in they’re feet (he didn’t like that), kicked the ball back and forth to the parents (he liked this one, but had a hard time staying focused lol), and did Red Light, Green Light again…which Carter did really good at this time :)

THEN…. there was an accident! Carter and Bailey were both running toward each other, neither one paying attention, and slammed right into one another, heads banging and all! They both fell on they’re backs and immediately got up screaming! I felt so bad for them :( They cried for a good 5 minutes and then we pretty much called it a night. Even though they were fine, I think we were all a little frustrated at this point, not to mention tired…so we all headed home.

So, that pretty much wraps up our night!! I don’t have any pictures because this week I took Carter alone, which was a lot harder. Last week I had Olivia and CJ’s help, but this week CJ had to work late! 

3 comments:

The Marsh's said...

I can't believe Carter & Bailey had an accident!! Soccer sounds so stressful! LOL

The Vathes Family said...

aw hang in there, I'm sure it will get easier once you guys get into the swing of things.. and if not, there's always next year =)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Kenzie isn't into soccer either. I honestly can't wait for T-Ball!