Monday, February 7, 2011

12 Weeks & a break from the cold

I don’t know how time got away from me this week, but some how it did! Every night after Carter goes to bed, I am just too tired to make the effort upstairs to blog! I know, pretty lazy….huh? Hopefully my energy comes back soon because it has been hard being so tired all the time!

2011_02_01_4870

Fatigue is really the only symptom that has still been bothering me a lot! I guess I shouldn’t complain, really :) Everything else is going great! No nausea unless I let my stomach get empty. I did get a call back from the Dr. last week and was told I had a UTI, so they started me on Ampicillin, but that’s been going good so far – no bad side effects from that so I’m pretty relieved. 

 

Now, onto other news…. Carter’s been doing okay lately too!!! I ended up taking him to the doctor last week because he still had a stubborn cough, but the Dr. reassured me it was nothing serious and that a cough can last weeks sometimes. He did prescribe him more Albutorall to use as needed IF he started wheezing, but he hasn't so we haven’t had to use anymore. He also prescribed Amoxilcillan – which I was honestly totally confused about… being as he told me it wasn’t an infection…. but, I started him on it and his cough does seem to be much better.

Here, he is doing a breathing treatment… it was the day before I took him to the doctor. He’s learned to do these treatments so well, which makes it SO much easier to deal with! Very proud of him!

2011_02_02_4894 2011_02_02_4895

PS. all of these pictures are from last Tuesday…the day we had gorgeous weather!! We definitely took advantage of it and played outside :)

winterbush2011 winterfun2011  winterfun(3) 2011_02_02_4878 2011_02_02_4880_edited-1

Peek a boo

2011_02_02_4882 2011_02_02_4888 2011_02_02_4890

Then when Daddy got home… this kid couldn’t have been more excited :) Hopefully spring really is coming early this year because we could use more days like this one!

2011_02_02_4893

4 comments:

The Marsh's said...

LOVE that black & white picture of Carter...oh my goodness its so cute!!

The Vathes Family said...

Those pictures are gorgeous Angela!!! Hopefully now that your going into the 2nd trimester the fatigue will suibside and you'll be able to get a little more energy (to blog) HA! ;-)

Jen said...

So cute angela! I love those photos!! Miss you!

Diana said...

Good for him being able to do those treatments on his own; what a big boy! Bryce would NEVER do that but might have to soon if his cough doesn't go away!! Seems like him and Carter have the same cough issues! Those pictures turned out REALLY good!! He looks JUST like C.J. with that hat on!