Sunday, June 28, 2009

Update

Its been a rough weekend...to say the least! Friday, we kept Carter home from daycare to get over-what we thought was a reaction from his shots. Well, he had a stubborn fever ALL day & even though he was on Motrin & Tylenol every 4 hours, the fever stayed around 102. So, that told me that it was something more than just a reaction & pink eye because of how hot he was! Long story short, his doctor appointment was for 3:00pm on Friday....we get there & they take his temperature right away & it was 103.6! So they undress him and put luke-warm towels on him, 15 min go by....they take his temp again-104.1! At this point, I was freaking out! I was trying to stay calm and just do what they told me too, but it was very hard! Finally...his fever started to come back down & they took blood and checked him out! Blood count was better, but when she saw his throat-right away she said he had Tonsilitus! He also had the beginings of an ear infection! My poor baby!
I was shocked, but she said that alot of children get it & it is notorious for causing high fevers! Anyway, they sent us home with an antibiotic and said it would more than likely be a rough weekend, but he will be fine! They werent lying either, it hasnt been easy this weekend. But, the good news is, he woke up this morning with no fever and actually had an apetite!! Thank God! I dont have any pictures right now, but here is another video of him walking :) I just think he is SO cute when he walks all around!!

1 comment:

Caleb's mom said...

yeah! that is so cute. What a big boy!