Thursday, July 16, 2009

Toes....Nose ;)

This post is about learning & growing. Carter has learned so many new things lately, its amazing how much children his age absorb! He is like a little sponge, soaking everything in that he sees & hears! Thats why I have decided that I am going to teach him spanish & I'm going to start now! There is no better time than now. I was taught by my mother and grandmother & with their help, I will teach him. Afterall, he is a 1/4 Cuban, lol!


SO, next thing to talk about...

At Daycare they are constantly teaching the children new things. Well, this week they taught the kids to point to their nose, mouth, eyes, etc. Carter has picked this up very quickly! I ask him "where are your fingers?" And he sticks his little fingers out for me to see. I'll ask him "where is your mouth?" And he'll point to his little mouth and sitck his tongue out! He can point to his hair, eyes, nose, & pat his belly when I say "Where is your belly?" haha! He is so smart!
Every night before bed, I read him a book. His favorite books are the "Johnny Tractor" books & his "Winne the Pooh" book. Well, in these books he can point to certain objects when I ask him where they are. For example, in the Pooh book he can point to Piglet & Tigger! In the Farm ABC Book, he can point to the Tractor & the Dog! I love reading to him, he is such a good listener & even helps turn the pages :)
As for walking, well...if I do say so myself, my little guy is a pro! He is such a good walker & he is even started to go faster, like he is about to start running! MAN, am I gonna have my hands full! But I love every second of it :)
He walks into daycare everymorning & walks out to the car every afternoon! He waves bye-bye when he leaves and when he arrives in the morning, its always with a smile! Everyone there knows him....after all, CJ went there! haha! But they all love him and he loves them now! Every day I get a report card about his day and 9 times out of 10 he has had a great day, all smiles!!
There is just so many new changes going on with him lately, its like time is moving in fast-forward mode or something. he is learning so fast and changing everyday! Its been a while since I have written such a lengthy post, but I am just having so much fun...theres no way I can keep it to myself! Anyway, thats all for now! Next month I will have a whole new list of things to write about, I'm sure :)

No comments: