Monday, September 21, 2009

16 months old!!

Today marks Carter’s 16 month birthday :) A whole year and 4 months old! My goodness, how time has flown! I don’t have his “percentiles” or height, because his original appointment was for Friday & Grammy took him for me since I don’t have any leave and Daddy had to work…BUT when she got there they told her that parents had to be present for vaccines in order to sign off on them! I guess we should have known that, lol! So, they did the check up friday, but no shots and today daddy took him back for the vaccines and the flu shot! Today he got the Hep A shot, Hib, DTaP, and the Flu shot. No fever or any reactions yet-Thank God..hopefully it stays that way! And his legs look good too, no swelling or redness! Now he is sound asleep :) but I wanted to update on what this 16 month old is doing now-a-days!!

Smiling big ;)

IMG_0832

Stats:

  • He weighs 22lbs and is around 30-32inches tall ( I didn’t get the height!)

again….I didn’t get the percentiles because I wasn’t the one that took him-but I will get them at his next visit for sure!

Words:

  • Mama, Dada, Nana, Paps, Mema, No, Pweese (please!), Cheese, Hot, Up, Down, Mine, Tractor, Ball, Duck, Hi, Bye-bye, Pop-pop, Tojo, Bird, Tree, Hello (sounds like Hewow), Pooh, Backhoe (backto, haha) Wa-wa (water!) Baby, Hannah, Adriana (anna!), Mo-Mo (my parents dog), More(with the hand gestures) Light, CJ taught him to pound his fist up against his and say “My man” the other day LOL and Apple I know I am probably forgetting some!! But he can also make the sounds of a cow (he says MMMM) & a dog. He can say SHhhh, when someone is sleeping :) and He can walk over to his books and point out almost all the characters when I ask!!! He loves his books :) He especially loves his “Baby Jesus” book and Kisses baby Jesus goodnight EVERY night!

Some words he is saying together:

“Hewow (hello) Tojo” & “My man”

Eating:

He eats people ALL Big-people food :) He STILL drinks a night time bottle & one one the way to daycare. He STILL loves his binki & Blanket too! Its hard breaking him US of these things, we (me & CJ) depend on them, lol! No, I’m kidding-He loves them, but he will have to be giving them up soon….definetly before Christmas! At least the Bottle & Binki that is! I dont mind the blanket!

Sizes:

Honestly, it depends on where I buy the clothes! Some clothes he fits in 24 month (2T) Like his white tee’s….Others, like his jeans are still 12-18months!! So really it all depends!! Shoes, he wears a 5 :)

Appearance:

  • He Has only had ONE hair cut since he was born :) His hair is about 3 inches long-My “guestimate”, lol .. It has pretty much stayed the same color thus far too!!
  • Dimples-he still has them :)
  • Baby-face (the full round face!) is mostly gone now and he looks more like a big boy everyday!
  • That Birthmark is still there. It hasn’t gotten any bigger or changed color & I don’t think it’s going anywhere honestly…I think it will probably be there for the rest of his life, but we’ll see :)
  • Baby-blues-still got em'
  • & Finally he has 8 teeth and counting!!

Sleeping:

MOST nights he sleeps all night, but there are times when he still wakes up crying and upset! I usually wait a min or two…go in and make sure he is ok (no fever, wet the bed, etc) AND as long as everything is fine, I give him his Binki and tell him to go back to sleep and leave. He might cry for a few minutes but usually falls back to sleep pretty quick!!! But, on RARE occasions he will cry for a WHILE and those nights are hard! but like I said, I keep going in and comforting him till he falls asleep!!

SOOO, that’s it :) that’s my little boy :) He is growing up so quickly…. :*)

1 comment:

Jamie Claudia said...

Time sure does fly! I can't believe how big he's gotten. OH, and I don't know if you meant to say that Carter eats people, but when you were saying he can eat all big-people food, you first said that he "eats people" now, hahahahaha, I started cracking up. Love and miss y'all ;)