Friday, September 18, 2009

Drinking from a straw!

Happy Friday!! This week there hasn't been much going on....except... that we took Carter back to the doctor on Monday because he woke up that morning with a pinkish-redish eye and green eye boogies. I have eye drops that the doctor gave me for when he gets eye infections/pink eye, but the last time we went to the doctor she said that 99% of the time when children have the green mucus in there eyes, they have an ear infection too! So, I had a feeling thats what he had & I was right. The doctor said he had an ear infection in his right ear and an eye infection! They perscribed him Augmentum and more eye drops and he's been on them both since monday evening! He is doing much better now, so I guess the medicine's are working :) which makes me happy!! The doctor also said that as long as Carter didn't have a fever on Friday, he could still come in for his "Well baby" and shots! Luckily, he hasnt had a fever thus far so he will be going this afternoon at 2pm. This is his 15 month check up, but he is almost a month behind because right before his 1 year check up he got sick and we had to keep pushing the date back until he was better! The doctor said its fine, but that just means that when I update on his stats, he will really be at almost 16 months-not 15! I will update on his stats later tonight :) Hopefully he wont have a reaction from the flu shot he will be getting along with the other vaccines!

On another note, Carter learned how to drink out of a straw lastnight!! I haven't really been pushing for him to learn this because he seems so content drinking out of his regular sippy cup and we dont go out to eat that often. But last night I figured I'd give it a try and he DID IT...All by himself!! I was so impressed :) The only thing is, he keeps trying to tip the cup to get it out and when he does that all the juice goes to the other side of the cup so he cant get any out and gets frustrated, lol but he is learning! Also this week, daddy was showing Carter his duck call (for hunting) in the living room & taught him how to blow the call!!!! Haha, it was so funny! Carter has always been fascinated with the duck call, ever since he was a baby! He just loves the sound it makes. He has never been able to blow to make the duck noise until now though :) I didn't have the video camera ready when this happened, but now that he knows how to do it... I am determined to get it on video! Anyway, thats all for now. Like I said earlier, I will have stats to share from his doctor visit later...including all the new words he has learned and trying to say! I swear this boy tries to say EVERYTHING! Here are some pictures from this morning before leaving for daycare....

IMG_0736

We call him "Linus" from Charlie Brown because he carries this blanket everywhere :)

IMG_0737

Trying to drink from the straw, but tipping the cup to much, lol!

IMG_0724

:-)

IMG_0726

There ya go!!

IMG_0725

IMG_0727

Sleepy...

IMG_0731

IMG_0733

No comments: