Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gilbert Run

 

Oops! Here are some pictures from Friday night that I forgot to post :)

IMG_4012IMG_4014

Carter loves playing with the hose and helping me water plants.

IMG_4016

And the driveway, hehe! He loves watering the drive way and splashing in the puddles!!  I guess drive ways need love too ;)

IMG_4019

 

Ahhh, Gilbert Run…what a beautiful park! It was like a breath of fresh air. I haven’t been there since my senior picnic in high school, but it still looks the same. Just as pretty as the last time I visited :)

IMG_4023

Oh, and did I mention Carter loved it too? So much so, that he cried when we left! I promised him we’d go back and we will.…… :)

IMG_4025      

IMG_4024

Funny Story:  We met a killer goose that day! He almost attacked CJ at one point! CJ sort of provoked him, but none the less, he was a mean sucker! Carter thought he was funny. Me, not so much! I was actually a little frightened of this monstrous goose,ha! I’m sorry, I know that sounds silly, but he was huge and MEAN! Has any one ever seen that movie “Grumpy Old Men”? Well, that is exactly what this goose reminded me of. A grumpy old man!! We watched him chase another park visitor while we were on the playground. Carter thought it was hilarious…and well I can’t lie, I laughed too ;) BUT, God help that goose if he would have chased Carter. My Momma instincts would have taken over and that would be one sorry bird!!  Anyway, we left him alone. Next time we visit I will bring him some bread and hopefully he’ll be nice to us if we feed him, haha!!

Carter was very brave on Saturday, even on this very high slide

IMG_4026IMG_4027 IMG_4028

 

IMG_4030

I can also tell he is going to LOVE hiking, nature walks, etc. He had an absolute blast walking this trail. We didn’t even do a 1/3 of it because it is very hilly and long, but next time I won’t wear flip flops and we wont bring the stoller!

IMG_4032IMG_4034IMG_4036IMG_4037

IMG_4038

I just thought this was pretty :)

IMG_4039

Some posed shots of my boys

IMG_4049          IMG_4043IMG_4045IMG_4041  

Well, that about wraps up our park day! After we left, we went to Lowes, then home to relax. Sunday we visited with my parents and my brothers and sisters! Pictures to come soon :)

(PS. I am posting this on Tuesday even though we went this past Saturday! I’ve been a little under the weather…. that’s my excuse and I’m stickin’ to it!)

4 comments:

Mandi said...

LOL, I love the picture where CJ has his hand on his hip! haha that's so funny, he really is posing ;)

The Steinhauser's said...

OMG, I just noticed that! Hahaha, he would probably kill me if he saw that I put that one up!

The Marsh's said...

Awww looks like so much fun! We'll have to meet you guys over there one day :)

Caleb's mom said...

A duck bit my finger there.. always fun at Gilbert Run!