Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Things

I guess it’s about that time for some updates! I know it’s been awhile since I have, so tonight is the night :)

First of all, this is a ‘old’ update, but the day we went to the Zoo, we also went to the Christmas Tree Shoppe store. We’ve been there before, but let me just say…I love that place! It has EVERYTHING & cheap! We got Carter this cute little chair for $5 bucks! What a steal! They have tons of bargains there.

IMG_4111

And even though it is cute, it is also Carter’s “Time-out” chair when he is behaving badly! Which is another ‘new’ thing he has been doing alot lately…misbehaving! Last week, three out of five daily reports were “Carter had a hard time listening to his teachers today” or “Carter had a hard time playing nicely with his classmates!” BUT, I guess all children have there moments and last week just wasn’t his!

IMG_4105

Some other new things we got at the Christmas Tree Shoppe store, some new magnets! Carter and CJ went a little crazy with these, lol!

IMG_4107 IMG_4108

Also, lately, Carter likes to strip ;)

IMG_4114

 Its been so hot (except for today!) that we’ve been playing with the hose alot. IMG_4112

Hmmmm what else is new?? OH yes, I am officially a ‘Soccer Mom’ thanks to Mandi :) She sent me some info about Pee Wee Soccer last week…Bailey is playing and she thought I might be interested. Well, I am and Carter is ‘officially’ playing right along with Bailey starting next month! Yay, I can’t wait…and neither can Carter….

IMG_4144

IMG_4141

 Oops! He did try to put the soccer ball on the T and pretend it was a baseball ;) Ha! I guess I know where his heart truly is, but we have a few more years before that little guy! As soon as your old enough, I promise we will sign you up!IMG_4143

Now that brings me to our last two ‘new’ things! First, Carter has began getting into new shows lately. Wonder Pets was the first new show he really liked besides Barney. Well, my little brother used to love Little Bear, so I decided to Tivo it and see if Carter would like it. SUCCESS!!! He loves it and I’m happy he has gotten over the Barney Phase, lol!

The second ‘new’ thing AND last (for now anyway!) is that Carter pee’d in the potty again last night. This is only the 2nd time he has done it in front of me so I was very happy! I try to get him to go every night before his bath, but haven’t had too much success..until now! Things are lookin up ;)

4 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

I LOVE the Christmas Tree Shoppe. Nick's mom got me to go in there a few months ago for the first time but at first I was really hesitant because I kept thinking, why on earth are we going to check out Christmas stuff in the summer?! lol But she insisted and said that you can find just about anything in there and of course, now I'm hooked!! ;-)

The Marsh's said...

I can't believe that chair was only $5!!! I need to go in there ASAP! Can't wait to see pictures of Carter & Bailey playing soccer!

Mandi said...

I love that store too!! Oh, and I can't wait for soccer! That's so funny carter was trying to play baseball with the soccer ball - Bailey does that too! She associates balls to playing catch and hitting them...I can't wait for T-ball!!

Diana said...

I'm a soccer mom, too :) Carter's doing such a good job going potty in the big potty!!!