Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Hair Cut, 19 Weeks, And Updates!

 

Let me see, where do I start?! I feel like there has been so much going on this last week & a half that I don’t know where to begin! I guess I’m having a bit of blog writer’s block, if that makes sense? Okay enough of that, let me just get on with it.

I’ll start off with last weekend. Saturday we went to Ryder’s 2nd Birthday Party and had a blast! Carter kept me pretty busy and I was good and exhausted by the time we left, but over all we had a really good time! I even got my first little girl clothes hand-me-downs from Lindsay! The clothes are adorable and I can’t wait to dress her up in them – thanks again Lindsay!

Moving onto Tuesday (the rest of the weekend was pretty laid back, nothing to blog about!) After our haircut disaster a few months back, I finally made an appointment for Carter to get his haircut. I was referred by Diana to her stylist Lindsey at Studio M Salon. Denise met me there after work, just in case Carter needed to be held down so I wouldn't get kicked in the belly! As it turns out though, he did awesome!!!! He was such a good boy for her and sat so still, I was very proud of him. I will definitely be going back to her as well because she is so good with children! She even let Carter squirt her in the face with her water bottle, so yeah, she’s a keeper ;) 

2011_03_22_50192011_03_22_50202011_03_22_5021

I love his hair cut because it is faded just right and now it can grow out evenly! And Because he was SUCH a good boy, I took him to Target to pick out a ‘prize’! He picked this Nerf Gun…

2011_03_22_5023 2011_03_22_5018

Tuesday was also my 19 week mark! Or, 19 weeks and 5 days if I go by what the technician told me at our sonogram appointment. I am going to ask Dr. Ali what he thinks when I go this Thursday! And yes, that's right, I finally made the decision to switch OB’s. I was just not happy at Dr. Alawode’s office, for many reasons, so I had to make a change! At my last appointment with them, I did get to hear the heart beat, which was 150, and I had my belly measured, which was measuring at almost 20 weeks! She also weighed me and said I hadn’t gained any weight since the last visit, so I’m still at 8lbs total gained so far. With Carter, at 20 weeks, I had already gained like 20lbs!!!!

2011_03_23_5024

This week I’ve also been feeling her (we have yet to decide on a name!) kick ALOT more and they are much stronger kicks too! CJ finally got to feel her kick last night for the first time and hopefully Carter will get to feel it soon as well! 

Now onto Thursday…. Carter’s class at the CDC had a lady come in and talk to the kids about dental hygiene and each of them got a take home packet of goodies! Immediately when Carter got home he wanted to brush his teeth with his new toothbrush and use his new floss! Let me just tell you, this kid loves to floss already!

2011_03_24_5027 2011_03_24_5025 2011_03_24_5026

Now I think I am finally caught up to this weekend! Yesterday was a busy Saturday. It started off with Carter going to BJ’s with Grammy while CJ and I headed to Waldorf. I had plans to meet Olivia for lunch at Red Robin and then we had some running around to do! CJ went to look at some furniture stores and shop prices while I was at lunch and then after I was done, he picked me up and we went over to Best Buy! Unfortunately, my camera flash stopped working right after I took the pictures above with Carter holding his new goody bag from school. Luckily, I have a warranty on it and it will be fixed for free. The sad part about it is that I wont have it back until April 7th :( I don't know what I am going to do without my camera until then because I don't have a back up, but I will have to manage!

After we left Best Buy, off to Showman’s Furniture we went to look at beds for Carter. Showman’s is the only local place where we’ve really liked the prices and the quality! It took us a while to decide, but we ended up getting Carter the same bed that Ryder has at his Ya-Ya’s house & a baseball chair with a foot rest. We also got ourselves a new bedroom set!! CJ and I have been long overdue for some new furniture in our room, so I am really excited for everything to be delivered and set up in 2 weeks!!

With all the running around yesterday, today we just took to chill out at home. We woke up to snow on the ground and played in it for a while…. now we are just baking brownies and watching TV. I hope to be able to update with cell phone pictures and video’s until I get my camera back.. so bare with me for the next couple weeks!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

The haircut looks so cute! Glad it went well! And congrats on the new furniture, can't wait to see it.

Diana said...

I am SOO glad you love Lindsey, she is so awesome! His haircut looks so cute, I'm so glad he was such a good boy :) You're going to LOVE Dr. Ali, too! He is amazing!!

The Marsh's said...

Finally an update!! Love the haircut, it looks so good! And I can't wait to see all the new furniture set up. AND (sorry lots to comment on) to hear about your first appointment with your new doctor this week!

Unknown said...

He looks so handsome and cute with his new haircut. My trick for a happy haircut is GUM. I try not to let him chew gum so much so that when he gets a haircut it is exciting to get it. He will sit still and watch himself smack and chew his gum while they are cutting away. Everyone is getting new furniture. I am having furniture envy reading all about it, ha!

The Vathes Family said...

I love Carters new hair cut, he looks so grown up!!

Princess Alexa's Mommy said...

Carter's haircut looks soooo good!!