Friday, August 28, 2009

Quite a Scare!

Even though this post isnt "Fun" like my usual posts, it does have a happy ending! So, last night Mommy had a bit of a scare. Toddler's are QUICK, let me tell you! All of you mommies out there know what I'm talking about! You can't take your eyes off of them, not even for a second! Last night Carter and I were in the kitchen downstairs (where half of the basement is unfinished) . Well, I was putting some things away and he was standing next to me. Then all of a sudden I look and he's on the other side of the room in the unfinished area! I dash over there to get him and I realize he has something in his mouth! I say "whats in your mouth, spit it out!" So he did (he knows now when he is doing something bad!) and its a piece of insulation from the walls!!! OMG, I FREAKED! I grabbed him and went running across the room so that I could rinse his mouth out with water and in the process of running, I tripped in the door way with him in my arms! We both fell, but I was able to keep him from getting hurt! He didnt touch the ground at all, ME on the other hand.....Well lets just say I'm glad summer is ending because shorts/skirts/etc will be out of the question with these bruises! But anyway, so at this point I get up, run to the bathroom and rinse out his mouth! I run upstairs and start telling CJ's parents what happened & they reassured me that insulation wasnt going to hurt him! But, to clear my own mind, CJ called poison control and turns out Carl was absolutley right! Insulation is not toxic or poisonous! The most it will cause is irritation to his throat or belly if he did in fact swallow some! PHEWWWWWWWWWW, I was so relieved to hear that...a little sick to my stomach lol but so happy!! But, I was still kicking myself in the butt for totally freaking the way I did! I need to learn to stay as calm and collected as possible in those situations so that I can think clearly and get the right help if needed!! I mean, I could have seriously hurt him or myself by falling like that! Hopefully there won't be a "next time" but, if there ever is (which there's a GOOD chance there will be!) I will try to handle it alot better and stay calm!
PS. For all you mom-bloggers out there, insulation is NOT poisonous! Many of you have toddlers and you all know they can get into anything!! And for those of you who have infants....here's what you have to look forward too, lol! GET READY for a bumpy ride ;)

No comments: