Thursday, October 22, 2009

Doctor visit

Today I left work at 10:30, came home and picked up CJ & then we headed to pick up Carter from daycare. Today was his appointment with the ENT doctor, Dr. Daidone in Calvert. Fellow mom-blogger Diana referred us to her-she did her son Bryce’s tubes. Well, after seeing her today we both really liked her. She is a very nice lady & extremely gentle with Carter. She didn’t just jump right in like most doctors, she warmed up to him first and because she did that-Carter was very cooperative. She checked his ears & asked us some questions about his history. After that, she told us that it would be best for him to get tubes. I wasn’t really that surprised when she said it though. After all, the poor guy has had SEVEN ear infections since January 09. When I told how many he’s had, she said that usually they encourage tubes if a baby/child has had 3 ear infections in 1 year…Carter has surpassed that already and it hasn’t even been a full year yet!! So, we scheduled his appointment for November 9th. They said they would call a week before to let us know what time to bring him in, but most likely it will be EARLY, like 6:30 am!! That way he doesn’t have to go too long with out eating, since he can’t have anything to eat or drink after midnight. I know it’s probably going to be rough that morning, but in the end it will be worth it. She assured us that this will help him a great deal :) Anyway, here are some pictures from the ride home this afternoon! He was soo tired tonight from this long day that he fell asleep at 7:15pm :)

IMG_1263

IMG_1264

IMG_1261

So tired…

IMG_1262

It was a busy day, but a good day :) Tomorrow is Friday TGIF!!

4 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What cute, cute, pictures....and I love your blog design....Loved visiting your blog...Blog hopping is one of my favorite things to do.
Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog...a great giveaway will be given away Sunday night....

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Diana said...

I'm SO happy it worked out for you :) He will be SO much better after he gets these tubes, I promise! I'm so glad you liked her and it worked out!! Good luck and let me know if you need anything, or have anymore questions :)

The Vathes Family said...

Wow Angela, I didn't realize he had that many within the past year. I hope this works out for him!! =)

Jamie Claudia said...

Great pictures, Carter is too frickin cute! I'll be praying for you guys and believing that everything goes smoothly and according to plan :)