Sunday, February 21, 2010

21 Months Old!!!

Carter your finally legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha! Well, not really, but this is the last time you will be 21 until your ‘real’ 21st in ohhhh… ummm ….20 years! sheeesh! That day can take its sweet, sweet time in coming. Seems far away, but I know one day I’ll look back & it will feel like the blink of an eye!

These days Carter is remembering things he sees or hears alot better!! He can remember more words to songs now (kids sing-alongs!) and numbers/letters/days of the week. Daycare has been practicing the “Days of the week” with the children and now Carter can say all the days Monday thru Sunday! He can count to 3 and say  A B C D. This month he has also started to make up little lies! lol! For example, he will tell me “Knee hurts!” or “I bumpt chin!” “Hurt neck!”, “Bumpt head!”…. Then I’ll say “Ohh no, are you okay?” & he’ll say (Mind you this is in a sad/pitiful tone haha!) “ughh, it hurts!” Then I’ll say “What happened?” mostly he’ll just say “huh?” a million times after that because I guess he can’t think of anything to say, but its hilarious!

Also, I noticed this month Carter figured out how to use a box or a toy as a step stool to climb on stuff! He has almost fell more than once doing this & scared me half to death!! I guess he is just gonna keep getting more and more mischievous as he gets older! He is CJ’s kid so I kinda have to prepare myself for the worst, ha!

Some of his favorite things this month are: Blanket & Binki (Still, I know, but at night mostly!), Barney, Pizza, Hotdogs, Tractors, Chocolate milk, Cheese puffs, & just being around everyone he loves :)

Carter is still only around 24/25 pounds. He wears a size 6 shoe, but its quickly growing out of them!! We tried to get his hair cut this past weekend, but it didn’t go very well! We’re going to try again this week sometime because his hair is SO long now!! Hopefully he cooperates this time! He still only has 12 teeth that I’ve seen and he’s still in 18 to 24 month clothes and size 3/4 diapers!

Now…here are some pictures from our day!! We went for a ride in the dump truck & Carter loved it.

IMG_2574IMG_2578

IMG_2591IMG_2593IMG_2595IMG_2597

He loves his spaghetti…..

IMG_2600

Watching the sunset with Granny…

IMG_2605

IMG_2606IMG_2614IMG_2616IMG_2619

He fell and got a bloody nose today too, but he’s tough!

IMG_2620

Eating his snack..all cleaned up & ready for bed :)

IMG_2623IMG_2622

IMG_2621

       Happy 21 months little guy :) 3 more months till your 2nd birthday…ahhh! I can’t believe it!

3 comments:

The Marsh's said...

Only 3 more months until he's TWO!!!! Wow, time is going by SO fast...I can't believe it! Such a handsome little guy :)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

how about when you were calling his toy a back hoe and he corrected you by saying "bob cat" ha ha It was so good to see you both Saturday. Your hair looks AMAZING!!!

Jenn said...

LOL @ when you said Carter's "legal." It won't be long! Happy 21 months Carter! :)