Thursday, February 4, 2010

Another big snow storm ahead!

This is a picture of our house the Sunday
after the 2009 blizzard...22 inches!



Issued by The National Weather ServiceBaltimore/Washington, MD 3:18 am EST, Thu., Feb. 4, 2010...


"... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...
A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW... SLEET AND RAIN.
* ACCUMULATIONS... THIS STORM IS LIKELY TO PRODUCE 5 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW IN THE WATCH AREA... WITH A GOOD CHANCE FOR LOCALIZED AMOUNTS OVER 12 INCHES. "


This is by far the most snow we've had in MD in years! The last 'big' snow was the blizzard of 1996! They are calling for this snow to be another big one & the worst part is we already have probably 4-6 inches on the ground!! So....if the weather forecast runs true, we will have a TON of snow on the ground at the end of this weekend!! Not really looking forward to it this time. Especially since they're saying Saturday will be very windy. The last time it was windy + snow = no power!!!!!!!! I am praying that doesn't happen, urgh!

This week has been a pretty quiet one. Not much really going on, just trying to prepare for another snowed in weekend coming up! Carter has been so sweet this week in the mornings. He is still so tired when I go in to wake him up for daycare, that I get him dressed while he's still asleep!!! Then I carry him up and he sleeps in my lap until its time to go :) Also this week Carter's been saying something new! He learned how to "Scare me!" when someone surprises him!!! I guess that's his way of saying "You scared me!!" haha! Its cute and he is saying it ALOT this week for some reason. He also learned how to say "Elbow, Knee, & Neck" and can point to each one.

I haven't really snapped any pictures this week... I do have a couple video's of him playing so I might put some up later tonight when I get home from work. Its supposed to start snowing tomorrow afternoon so I guess we are looking at another weekend stuck indoors!! Oh well, we will make fun out of it :) The main thing that disappoints me is that our little Vday get together is most likely not gonna happen, but at least we already have a 'make up' date for it. I just hope it doesn't snow that weekend too! I heard the Farmer's Almanac said we are supposed to get snow every weekend in February this year!! lets hope not!

No comments: