Friday, February 26, 2010

A Virus?

What a busy week! I never posted this, but Monday I took Carter back to the Dr. to get checked out because he was coughing ALOT Sunday night!! I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t Bronchitis or something. So, the doctor checked him out & everything was fine, except his left ear! She couldn’t see the tube and it looked red and had some fluid in it. I thought, “Ohhh geeez, not this again…already?!” But she said even though it shouldn’t have happened this fast, tubes can fall out! He has a follow up with the ENT Tuesday March 2nd so she prescribed Carter Azythromicin  and told me to tell the ENT when we go. Anyway, aside from all that stress of the tube, last night he gets a fever of 102.7!! I never thought you could get sick while on an antibiotic, but I guess you can! I’m calling the Dr. as soon as they open because as luck would have it, Daycare announced yesterday afternoon that a child IN CARTERS class was diagnosed with Hand Foot & Mouth (Aka. Hoof & Mouth) Disease. Its a virus that causes fever, sores in the mouth & a rash on the palms of the hands, feet, & butt. It has to run its course, but I just want the Dr. to be aware of what’s going on! I hope that’s not what he caught, but there’s a good chance. That’s the price you pay for sending your child to daycare I guess. I’ll update more later once I talk to the Dr.

 

Sick Boy….

IMG_2646 IMG_2645

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Poor baby! Hope he's feeling better soon!!

Jenn said...

Aww :( Sorry to hear that Carter's not feeling well! Hope he gets better soon!

Unknown said...

I hope he feels better Angela! He sure goes through a lot with those ears, poor little guy!