Thursday, April 22, 2010

Twenty Three

My Little boy turned 23 months old yesterday!! This picture was taken this afternoon after our doctor appointment this morning. That’s right, I had to take him back to the doctor…the kid can’t catch a break :( That’s daycare for you I guess!! After being checked out today, the Dr. said she thinks Carter has a sinus infection. She wrote him a prescription for Azithromicen so hopefully he’s back to his old self in no time!

IMG_3239

(Please excuse the pizza face!) 

So, what’s new with this 23 month old you might ask?! For starters he’s almost 25 lbs now. He is almost in a size 7 shoe. Next month he goes for his 2 yr old shots so I will get his exact stats then (height, percentiles, etc!) In my opinion he’s grown immensely in height though ;) He wears mainly 24 month (2T) clothing now. Alot depends on the brand though. He is STILL teething!!! The canines that I thought would’ve poked through by now are still right under the surface. Until then, he’s still workin’ with 12 teeth!

His hair ( I think, LOL) has lightened up quiet a bit. I think it looks more light brown/blonde-ish now, however, I still hear all the time “where did that boy get that red hair?” Its very long now too. This July will be 1 full year since his first hair cut. I think we are going to try again very soon, but we’ll see how that goes. You can never tell with him, ha!!

His favorite show is still Barney. I was hoping he would’ve grown out of it by his birthday, but I doubt that will happen. He loves shows where there’s alot of singing. I don’t think he’s old enough yet to grasp the concept of cartoons like, Spongebob or Bob the Builder, etc. Hopefully he’ll start to like those more soon. I’m sorry, but Barney just drives me crazy sometimes lol!!

He’s at the age where he has started to ask for things he sees on TV (toys, candy, etc!). I keep telling him his birthday is coming up and he will get lots of presents :) He just laughs when I tell him that! He is so smart. He is saying more 4 word sentences now too. For example, today he told me “shut the door please!” Then, we were playing with his T-Ball set and he said “Hey mommy, watch this!” and jumped up to show me how high he could jump. I love this age because him and I have conversations now. If he doesn’t like a song that comes on the radio, he’ll tell me to turn it off!!! Or tell me to roll down the window, haha!! The other day we drove by Angel’s house (Alan’s cousin) and he said “Angel’s house” and pointed at it. Now, every time we pass it, that's what he says! He remembers things so well!

He is just growing so quick. Sometimes I look through our albums at his baby pictures and get all teary-eyed because of how fast he’s growing up. That’s why I’m so glad I started this blog because it really is priceless to have all of these memories recorded! I know, I’m getting all sappy LOL, but I know all you mommies out there feel the same way!!

Anyway, Happy 23 month birthday little guy! 1 more month until your 2 years old : ) AHHH! So exciting!!! We love you SO much.

1 comment:

The Marsh's said...

Gosh he's growing up so fast and is SO smart! Can't believe he's almost 2 already!!