Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

 

&& Thank God its Friday! I think we can all be thankful for that, plus much..much more!! Today CJ & I went to Target after work and got Carter his Easter basket. I wanted to be all crafty and make one myself, but that’s just not gonna happen! ha! I need to stop fooling myself! Kudos to all you mom’s out there that are crafty though ;) I wish I could be more like you!  Anyway, we got him a nice “Pre-made” basket & some little extra’s to go along with it. I also picked out a cute shirt for him to wear on Sunday, it’ll go good with his baby blues so I can’t wait to get some pictures!! After that, we headed home to relax.

Once we got home, I noticed that Carter felt a little warm to me so I took his temperature. Well, go figure he was running a fever…102.3! He sounded a little congested and coughed a few times too. He was not like this at all yesterday so that just goes to show how quick things can change with little ones. I gave him some Mortin & it brought the fever down to normal range, Thank God. I swear, this child makes me worry NON-STOP! I mean, I know all of us moms worry, its only normal. BUT, sometimes I have to remind myself that stressing & worrying aren’t going to get me anywhere. There are things that are just out of my control and I have to deal with it. I do the best that I can to keep my baby happy and healthy, but the simple fact is that he is going to get sick. Its just a part of life and there’s really nothing more I can do. That’s what brings me to this qoute:

Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.” ~Mark Twain

It just makes sense to me. You have to drag your worries away because in the end worrying will get you no where! It won’t change what’s meant to be or what will happen. So, I’m going to try and take my own advice and not worry tonight. Of course I’m gonna check on him all night probably (LOL), but I can’t stress about him being sick. We just have to help him get better & that’s it. If he is still running a fever in the morning, then off to the Dr. we will go, but until then I’m gonna leave you with a picture of my sweet sleeping boy :)

IMG_3012

I hope to have a fever free post tomorrow! I would hate for him to be sick on Easter, but we’ll just pray for the best!

4 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

Hoping little Carter man is feeling better today!!

Nicole said...

Hope he's doing better today!!

The Marsh's said...

Awwww love the little quote...just what we BOTH needed to here right now! Let me know how Carter's doing today, hopefully all better!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Awe! Poor baby. Hope he is feeling better!!!