Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Karen’s Housewarming Party & More

Let me start with the ‘More’ part of this post, first! I have the habit of saving my posts as drafts and then forgetting about them-what can I say! I have posted everything that I’ve drafted, just not right on time ;)

Well, this is another one of those times except instead of posting and setting the date for the day these pictures taken, I decided just to post them all together!

A couple Sunday’s ago, when it was raining, Carter and I made a ‘fort’ together! We do this alot, but I’ve never thought twice about taking pictures of it. After I took these I thought, “what the heck is wrong with you? why haven’t you taken a picture of this yet!!?!”

IMG_4387 IMG_4388 Hiding :) IMG_4389 IMG_4395

And here are some pictures of my boy in front of the pumpkin in our yard!!! These were taken last week.

2010_10_06_4401_edited-12010_10_06_4397 2010_10_06_4402

 Okay, now we are finally caught up! Saturday afternoon was Karen’s housewarming party. We got there about 30 minutes late because we got caught up searching for a Halloween Costume, but stayed for a good bit before heading home. Carter and I decorated a pumpkin from Karen’s garden…

2010_10_09_44092010_10_09_4410

He chatted up a storm with Gracie and everyone else at the party! He even sang “American The Beautiful” THREE times in front of everyone :) I was SO proud of him for doing that. He tends to get shy and clam up in front of others when put on the spot like that, but not today!!! Everyone was very impressed and he couldn’t get enough of the clapping and cheering. Here is the video….

2010_10_09_44112010_10_09_4414    2010_10_09_4412

5 comments:

The Marsh's said...

LMAO - he cracks me up when he sings that song!!! Ryder & Carter need to get together and build a fort, Ryder is OBSESSED with his fort. And don't feel bad, because he has a new fort besides under his crib that I keep forgetting to blog about too!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Everytime he sings it, it makes me tear up.

His pumpkin was so cute! I have a ton of painted pumpkins in my flower bed.

I am so glad you guys came. It meant a lot!!

Diana said...

Forts are so fun :) Carter's pumpkin is cute!!

Mandi said...

I love the way he talks, sings, everything! He's so stinkin cute!! Heather had him in the nursery on Sunday and she said he was so funny and smart. She said that he sang her America the Beautiful, too! lol

The Vathes Family said...

I just love hearing him sing!! ;-)