Monday, October 25, 2010

Recovery

After about 4 days of misery, I am finally feeling better! Last week was a rough one for me. Tuesday afternoon I got a scratchy throat, but thought nothing of it. Weds morning when I woke up my throat was horribly sore and I felt awful, so I decided to go to Patient First. They sent me home with a prescription even though I tested negative for Strep and had no other symptoms, just to be on the safe side I suppose. That night, I spiked a fever of 102.9!!!

Thursday morning when I got up (after calling out of work) I still had a slight fever and just felt sick to my stomach. I ate some scrambled eggs and about 10 minutes later, started throwing up. After about the 8th time at the toilet, I couldn’t take it anymore and called CJ. I couldn’t hold down any fluids or my meds, so I was going to the hospital! All in all, I think I threw up almost 20-something times before I got anti-nausea and pain meds administered. Thank GOD for that stuff though, it was such a relief!!

Once I was feeling a little better, they checked me out and determined that I just had a really bad throat infection. The doctor gave me an IV with some antibiotics in it and also sent me home with the Z-Pack instead of the Amoxicillin I originally got from Patient First.

So, that’s why I’ve been MIA the last week. Glad to be back though :)

I finally started feeling like myself on Saturday so we went to lunch at Red Robbin with Olivia and Aunt Amanda…

RedRobbin Red Robbin

I have alot more pictures to post, but for tonight, these will have to do! I want to get to bed because Carter put up a good fight to go to sleep tonight. Not sure what’s gotten into him, but hopefully this doesn’t turn into a habit…. so until tomorrow :)

5 comments:

The Marsh's said...

So glad you're feeling better!! That was horrible :(

Nicole said...

Glad you're feeling better!

The Vathes Family said...

Aw you poor thing, I'm sorry you were so sick - good to hear your better now though. Can't wait to see more pictures of Carter man ;-) we've been missing him! lol

Diana said...

So happy you're feeling better!!!

Mandi said...

So glad you are feeling better, I know that feeling, it's scary!!!