Sunday, January 24, 2010

20 Months old!

Carter James, 

I cannot believe that in only 4 short months, you will be 2 years old! You have grown to be such an independent, spunky, little boy. Your daddy & I are so proud of you and even more proud to be your parents. We love you SO much baby!! Happy 20 month birthday :)

Love,

Mommy & Daddy

 

 Here is Carter January 22nd 2009, 8 months old…

Fall-Winter08-09 271

&& Here he is today, January 24th 2010, 20 months old…

IMG_2376

When you compare pictures side by side, you can really see how much changing & growing has taken place in 1 short year-appearance wise!!

Development wise, Carter has changed immensely over the past month!!! He has started putting more words together & can say things like; “I won wats barmey (I wanna watch barney)”, “I won go outtide (I wanna go outside)” “can i habit (Can I have it?)” and “I won chocla-milk” (I want chocolate milk)!!  His ‘single’ words have soared to the point where I’ve lost count. He can or will try to say whatever I ask him to say, so its ALOT of words.

His memory has gotten much more sharp this month as well. He remembers character’s names in Barney, Dora, & his favorite books.

He can obey simple commands & answer questions with a yes or no. He has also tried to explain (even though it’s jibberish!) how he got a boo-boo or when something happened that made him sad or mad!

He is still in 18-24 month clothes size 5 & 1/2 to 6 shoe.  He still only weights about 23.5 lbs and last I checked, was almost 32 inches tall.

This month he also discovered jumping on the bed! He LOVES to “jump high” as he calls and does it with such fearlessness :) He is such a daredevil these days! Although he is still very shy when first meeting new people or seeing friends we haven’t seen in a while. It usually takes him some time to warm up first and then he’s all good :)

So, those are some of Carter’s big changes this month!! As you can see, I’m a little late posting this. However, with him being sick the last few days, its been hard to find time to blog. He’s finally feeling better now though :) I can’t wait to see what next month will bring!!

 

1 comment:

Caleb's mom said...

What a cutie! I just love his long hair.