Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sick day!

Yesterday morning I sent Carter to daycare because his fever was gone, or so I thought! When he got home around 3:45pm he looked all glassy-eyed  & felt warm. So, I took him downstairs to take his temperature. Well, I was shocked to see it read 104 degrees!!!! If your babies temperature has ever gotten that high, you know how scary it is!!! I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the Motrin. After I gave him some, I called the doctor. When I told them what was going on, they told me to bring him in right away, just to be safe!! By this time it was 4:00 and they close at 5pm & ON TOP OF that, we live 30 minutes away! Needless to say, we had to hurry!

Well, we got there at 4:45pm and they took us back right away. They did blood work, checked his ears, nose & throat, & did a strep test. Everything came back normal so what do you think the doctor said it was??! A virus…AS ALWAYS LOL! Sorry, but I get sick and tired of everything being blamed on a virus! I guess I have to listen to the ‘professionals’ though & shut up!

Anyway, they said they would call if the 48 hour strep test came back positive, but to just keep him home and keep giving him Tylenol/Motrin & lots of fluids! So today that’s what we’re doing…just resting and relaxing & trying to get better :)

Watching Barney eating his Captin Crunch

IMG_2310IMG_2314IMG_2313IMG_2316

What sick boy wants, sick boy gets..

IMG_2319     IMG_2317 IMG_2318

5 comments:

The Marsh's said...

LOL, man I wish I was at home eating popcorn & captain crunch right now!! Don't want the fever though...hopefully he feels better soon!

Caleb's mom said...

Poor baby:( His hair looks so cute in the first picture! It's so long back there!

Diana said...

Oh no!! I hope he feels better soon and that tempature goes down SOON!!!! Being home with Mommy should make him better though :) Enjoy your sick day as much as you can and get better soon Carter!

Nicole said...

Hope he's feeling better soon!!

Mandi said...

I hope he is feeling better today!!!